JBL COOLER 100
- Indispensable if the outer temperature is high.
- Cools aquariums by 2 to 4 °C as a result of the evaporation cooling process.
- Can be mounted very easily to any aquarium wall(max. 25 mm thickness).
- Has 12V low voltage and universal energy supply for all types of voltage systems.
- Available in three sizes with 2 (17 cm), 4 (30.5 cm) or 6 (44 cm) fans.
- The temperature control is possible via the JBL CoolControl Thermometer.
- While water evaporates, evaporative cooling occurs. This physical process is put to use here. Many freshwater fish and plants don’t tolerate temperatures over 30 °C and even temperatures of 27 – 30 °C can create a strain. Corals also die off at temperatures of over 30 °C. Therefore a water cooling at high temperatures is urgently needed.
- The fans breeze an air stream over the water surface, which causes evaporation. The evaporated water needs to be replaced, of course. Because only pure water (H2O) evaporates, the minerals remain in the aquarium water and increase the water hardness. Because of this, soft water (or osmosis water and distilled water) should be refilled. A refill of hard tap water would lead to an increase of the total hardness in the aquarium.